PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
NetGain is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This policy sets out the way we handle your personal information including the use and disclosure of your personal information, as well as your right to access your personal information.
This policy only applies to our databases and files and does not cover any State, Territory or Australian Government database or file
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to provide you employment and related services, we may need to collect personal information such as name, address, work history, qualifications, career details or other information generally contained in a resume.
Where practicable NetGain will endeavour to collect personal information directly from you. We will need to collect personal information from you such as:
- Business idea
- Financial projections
in order to provide you with associated services.
As a contracted service provider to the Australian Government to provide employment and associated services, we may also collect personal information from Australian Government Departments and Agencies such as:
- The Department of Education, Skills and Employment
At, or as soon as practicable after, NetGain collects your personal information we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of:
- NetGain‘s identity and how you can contact us.
- your rights with regard to accessing your personal information.
- the purpose for which your personal information was collected.
- to whom we usually disclose your personal information to.
- any law that requires us to collect particular personal information.
- the main consequences, if any, for you if you do not provide all or part of the information we require.
NetGain will only collect personal information by fair and lawful means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner.
USE AND DISCLOSURE
We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you provide to us remains private and is used only for the purposes you agree to.
NetGain will not reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, license, share or pass your personal information on to a third party, other than those that we have a binding agreement with ensuring that the third party affords your personal information similar levels of protection as we do.
In order to provide you with employment and associated services, we may need to disclose your personal information to third parties such as:
- The Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Further, we may use and disclose your personal information to provide you with training and associated services specified to you at the point of collection or for another purpose if:
- you would reasonably expect us to disclose it for that purpose.
- that purpose is related to the purpose specified to you at the time of collection.
- NetGain reasonably believes that the use is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual’s life or health.
- NetGain has reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, or is being engaged in, and uses the information as part of its investigation, or in reporting its concerns to the relevant authority.
- the use and disclosure is specifically authorised by law.
- the use and disclosure is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law, a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of the public revenue.
NetGain does not use or disclose your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing unrelated products or services.
NetGain will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You are encouraged to help us keep your personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date by contacting your consultant or this organisation and informing us of any changes to your details. You can contact us on 0352430774
At NetGain we are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We ensure this by having such security measures as:
- Individual password access to systems and databases
We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer required for any purpose.
ACCESS & CORRECTION
You will be provided with the opportunity to access the personal information we hold on you and where appropriate, you may be able to correct that information if you determine that it is incorrect.
You may be required to fill out a form in order to obtain access to your personal information. This form can be obtained from your consultant or from any other staff member.
There may be some cases where we are unable to provide you access to your personal information, however NetGain will explain the reasons why this access was denied.
NetGain will not adopt as its own identifier an identifier that has been assigned by a government agency.
Where practicable NetGain will not use or disclose an identifier assigned to an individual by a government agency.
Whenever it is lawful or practicable, you will have the option of not identifying yourself when dealing with NetGain.
Due to the nature of the services being provided to you this will be in very limited cases.
NetGain will not collect personal information revealing your racial or ethnical origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation unless:
- your consent has been obtained; or
- the collection is required or specifically authorised by law; or
- the collection is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of any individual, where the subject of the information is physically or legally incapable of giving consent; or
- the collection is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
RESOLVING PRIVACY CONCERNS
You are able to raise any concerns you may have regarding our personal information handling practices by either discussing your concerns with your personal consultant or by calling our manager at NetGain on telephone number 03 52430774.